Friday, April 15, 2011

The Crow ReMaKe

Read this article about The Crow remake with Bradley Cooper first.



I don't know how I feel about a Crow remake. The original Crow is almost like a masterpiece in it's own way. I was a fan of City of Angels as well because I loved the first one so much and I love the Deftones (the band playing the concert in the movie). This is a remake that I wouldn't mind being remade as long as it's done right. As far as Bradley Cooper goes, it's 50/50. I always remember him as the douche bag in The Wedding Crashers. I wasn't a fan of the Hangover at all. I haven't seen anything else with him in it.

As far as it being done right I'd like to see a dark city like the Crow had. I of course don't want any insane graphics or CGI done to the movie cause that would definitely ruin it. I mean the imagery is going to be a lot better than the 90's film, but don't make it computer animated. AND ABSOLUTELY NO 3D!!!!!!!

Bradley Cooper would not be my number one choice, I haven't really thought about that yet. He just doesn't have the dark hair, the dark attitude, or any kind of characteristic that Brandon Lee had. Obviously they'll fix his looks, and he can work on the character. As I sit here and think about actors who could or could have been a good Eric Draven, I think Heath Ledger could have made for a good Eric Draven. Hmm, who else... Maybe the dude who played Prince Caspian on the Narnia movies? I think his name is Ben something. I don't know! If Bradley Cooper is the man, then I hope he does it RIGHT!

Another key element that made the Crow experience whole was the soundtrack. The first two movies had awesome soundtracks to them. The Crow had Pantera, Rage Against the Machine, Rollins Band, The Cure, and others. City of Angels had the better soundtrack with Hole and their version of Fleetwood Mac's "Gold Dust Woman". They had the Deftones, White Zombie, Filter, Korn, Toadies, Iggy Pop and so many more artists.

Just another case in the world of remakes that didn't really need to be done.









I'm well aware I talk WAY too much about movie remakes haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment