Monday, December 13, 2010

Freddy VS. Jason VS. Ash and other Comics

I guess I've fallen into a graphic novel phase pit and I can't get out of it! I've been reading tons and tons of graphic novels lately. It was something I've always had an interest in but no one else I hung out with liked comics.

I've been reading: The Walking Dead, Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, Locke and Key, Scott Pilgrim, N. by Stephen King, Incognito, Preacher, and Chew.

The book I loved loved loved loved was Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash ::FvJvA::. It was like they took the nonsense from the Freddy vs. Jason movie, wrote a comic sequel to it and made it fucking amazing. See I liked the FvJ, but I still bash it anyway. Adding Ash to the story line was so fucking cool. Pretty much the town where all of Jasons murders occured started to build up the town to forget about all of the Jason events that happened. They just so happened to build an S Mart where Ash works at in Michigan? Minnesota? I forget. But he comes down there and he has to find the book of the dead before Freddy gets it and uses it (which he does). The comic has a lot of great dialogue that really makes Ash and Freddy's characters come alive. I can't recommend this book enough. It's out of print, I found mine at Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash for $20 but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon or Ebay.

The one day I was at Barnes and Noble and I came across Book 2 of FvJvA called Dream Warriors. I thought it was the sequel to FvJ and I was about to read it. Then a few days later going up to the Secret Stash and found the original. That was a great day. I'll probably read the second one in the next few days.


Preacher is another good read. It's about a preacher who gets possessed by Genesis which is an angel/demon. It was created when a demon and angel fucked. It took Preacher himself and possessed him and now the Saint of Murder is out to kill him along with a lot of other people. It's pretty twisted.

The Walking Dead is self explanatory.

Locke and Key I haven't started yet but I've been wanting to read it.

CHEW is awesome, it's about a cibopath (someone who can get psychic reads by eating something). This means he's spent working and eating flesh to get stories. It's a great read.

Scott Pilgrims kind of dorky and lame but it's not terrible.

N. by Stephen King is sick! It's really one of those stories that make you thing. The artwork is phenomenal in it as well.

Incognito was just a typical hero villain story. This is where the bad guy turns out good.

So yeah, nothing interesting to talk about. I have a lot more things on the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment