Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shock and Fucking Terror

I'm about to waste more of your time.

I'm writing yet ANOTHER movie script. This genre is horror. My plan is to finish more than 3 pages with this. It would be a personal record of mine actually. I'm tired not finishing projects. I don't know what it's gonna be about, but I know there won't be vampires in it. There probably won't even be zombies in it. I want to take 5 categories of horror films that I love and mash them up all into one. Of course I'll make my own plot and story, I just want to use some kind of substance from them. I'm hoping someone would read it when I'm half way done and give me some tips. This time I'm going to brainstorm this out for at least 2 months before I even lay a finger the keyboard and start my rough draft.

The movies that will inspire my writing... hmm.

1. Stigmata/The Exorcism of Emily Rose/The Exorcist: Exorcism movies are awesome. It's something that has actually happened in the world. Whether people believe in this or not, it's documented by the Vatican. The realism of exorcisms have always creeped me out since I was young. From the movies I mentioned, to watching episodes of exorcisms on Unsolved Mysteries, all of this must be incorporated.

2. IT/Killer Klowns From Outer Space: Fucking clowns! These things are fucking evil! I don't care if they give you balloons and want to be your friend! They are the devil. It was always a great movie to the very ending with the stupid spider thing. Killer Klowns is a classic and they always freaked me out. I'm not including anything clowns from space, just clowns in general. Another thing from my child hood I hated. I remember when family members had clowns at my cousins birthday parties, it was never a happy time for me. Instead I spent my time plotting an strategy incase the clown turns on us and tries to kill everyone. Wiffle ball bats, plastic forks and knifes, and a basketball were my weapons of choice then. I remember seeing clowns at Six Flags Great Adventure's Fright Fest. I hated those shits. So it's important to add clowns.

3. Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street/Halloween: Of course these have to play a part. They are the core of horror movies. Whenever you walk alone in the dark and hear any kind of noise, you immediately think it's one of these 3 guys. No matter how fast you run, no matter how far you run, these guys travel fast. Freddy is already implanted in your dreams so you better be drinking caffeine while you're running.

4. Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness/My Name is Bruce/Zombieland: In my script I'm going to need that one so called hero. Now Ash wasn't a hero until Army of Darkness if you ask me, but he was the bad ass good guy. I'd like to have someone with the same attitude and awesomeness as Ash without the character being Ash. I don't want this script/movie to have some kind of teenage emo looking kid who waves his fucking wand and eliminates the demon. I want this to be a bad ass character kind of like Tallahassee in Zombieland. A ruthless, dirty mouth, ass kicking mother fucker... There will also be a group of some kind of ass kicking bandits along with this character.

5. JAWS/JAWS 2: I don't really know how to place Jaws in the mix. Jaws just scared me as a kid. The shock and terror that it brought to millions of people is well worth the addiction.

So we have the realistic movie with the exorcism and such. We have evil clowns. There's the mass murderers of the 80's, 90's, 2000's, and today (in which is the fear that the terror is always right behind you). We have the bad ass potential hero and the one who will fight the terror and evil clowns (if I choose to use clowns). And then there's the shock and terror like Jaws gave. Some thing new and dangerous.


Ok, I'm gonna be honest here. I suck at writing things. This is something I'm truly going to give my all. Something I will not hurry up with for the simple fact that I want it to be perfect. The more time spent on it, the better it can become.



As far as zombie movies? I'm not even going to try to step in Master Romero's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment