Thursday, June 3, 2010

Very small and brief post. Seriously, only read if you're bored. I'm not kidding.

Totally just forgot which e-mail I used for this account. That's how unintelligent I am.

Not much to talk about this time around. I'm currently dealing with a lot of shit lately. I have two papers to do for school that are due on Sunday, girlfriend just dumped me for reasons that made no sense whatsoever, dealing with doctors for my surgery, mom's been in out of doctors and having to do a few things for fellow zombiites (zom b ites). My lifes been packed basically.

Just watched the remake of the Crazies the other day (no movie review but if I had to I'd give 3 1/2 brains). I never seen the original so I can't compare it to that but overall I enjoyed it. For some reason critics bashed yet another decent horror movie. I thought it was okay honestly. One thing I will say though is that a lot of zombie flicks get a good % over at www.rottentomatoes.com . Also watched the People Under the Stairs. I don't know if I'd consider that a zombie film or not. Those zombie looking things in the basement... looked like zombies haha. They ate flesh in the movie, but they didn't seem dead, rather just caved in people that turned to stone age like guys. It's a good thing Daddy (from the movie) gave them all flashlights because they wouldn't be able to see their pray. It had one of the colored kids from Mighty Ducks in it. I had seen the movie a real long time ago, maybe when I was like 6 or 7.

I decided that I'm probably going to make a zombie short just for fun. It's summer time and I need to feel like I'm a busy person so I'm writing like a 10-15 minute zombie script for my friends and I to film. Yes I get that bored. I was tossing around ideas on what causes the zombie outbreak. It has to be dumb so probably red jello... or blue... I like blue.

So we are having yet another year full of celebrity deaths it seems. Of course the whole world knows about Gary Coleman and then Dennis Hopper died. One of the Golden Girls just recently died like... today. But I'm going to take the focus back to Mr. Dennis Hopper. I was shocked when I heard that he died. This guy is a legend especially to the horror genre. He played King Koopa in the Super Mario Bros movie, he played Paul Kaufman in Romero's Land of the Dead, the evil Howard Payne in Speed, and to me his most memorable role in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 as Lefty Enright. I was a huge Texas Chainsaw fan as a young kid and he was probably the coolest character out of the franchise (fuck you if you disagree!!!). To think that people didn't know who he was when I said he died... so sad. RIP sir, you were awesome.

I talked to a popular Youtuber the other day through Facebook. He goes by the name of Shawn C Phillips aka Coolduder is his Youtube account name. He's been promoting a movie called Zombie babies which is a Eamon Hardiman film. Zombie Babies just sounds awesome. They really need help getting a jump on this film and I know they were only looking for $500 which I'm sure isn't really much of a boost. I know they reached their goal and then some but I'm sure a little bit won't help. If you donate to them you definitely get rewarded with a bunch of cool shit. I'm definitely donating next week when I get paid.

Here's the link. I think it's a good thing to help out directors and writers who are willing to put their best efforts to entertain the world. Gotta start somewhere.


You can also check out Shawn C Phillips Youtube page because this guy knows his movies. He does a lot of dvd reviews because he has a massive collection of movies. Any video that I picked that he recommended has been worth the watch. If you like 80's and 90's films with a mix of today, definitely check out his site.


You've Got Dead on You just keeps getting better and better and better.

I read somewhere that there is going to be a Romero blu ray box set collection... I will eat someone's poop if that is true. I'm serious. Find me some info and then send me the poo via UPS.

gross


I want to celebrate the 100th visitor to my site. So if you read this, and it says 100, tell me your name and I'll throw you a free sticker that I'll cheaply make on my computer.


Ok that's all for now. I'll update with some worthy posts next week when I have school and drama out of my way... but for now

Keep surviving.



No comments:

Post a Comment