Thursday, October 21, 2010

Last Time I'll Ever Talk About this Movie, I Promise!

Ok so this is the last time I will ever talk about "Night of the Demons". As I've said many times before, that the remake was coming out, it had Shannon Elizabeth, Edward Furlong, and the main character chick from Freddy vs. Jason. I don't really care to Google her name right now, but I'm sure if you really wanted to know, you'd find out on your own haha.

See I'm open to a lot of things, especially remakes. Hell, I just gave the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street a decent review when most people probably hated it.

With "Night of the Demons" it's hard to put down and criticize it especially with all the thingamabobbers that come along with it. (I'm trying to be professional here with my writing and I'm failing miserably haha). Everything in the new movie is a 110% upgrade from the original. I think that's expected especially since it's been a little bit less than 20 years since the first one was made.

THE ACTING: The acting is better, and that's not saying much. Even with Edward Furlong, Monica Keena (that's her name!), and well...Shannon Elizabeth (who was only a good actress when she played a foreign exchange student and showed her boobs) the acting is still mediocre. Edward Furlong seems like he plays himself in this movie. Monica Keena does a pretty good job, and Shannon Elizabeth does a pretty good job of being the hostess, drunk, slutty, hooking up with girls, evil Angela part. The female actresses weren't that great and the actors were decent. Eh, didn't help the movie.

THE CHARACTERS: They did a good job with the characters. I believe there was a cameo with the original lipstick tit lady who wore the doo wop dress in the original. It's in the beginning when the kids are trick or treating. I was mad they didn't have the fat obnoxious guy with the bad quotes.

THE MAKE UP: Amazing work with the make up and design on the demons. They gave me the fucking willies haha. They made Angela look like Maurice from Little Monsters with a white face haha. HORNS AND ALL. Thankfully they didn't use CGI unless they made their faces turn into the demons on camera. Other than that big props the make up crew. (It's essential to have a good make up crew in a horror movie. The more realistic it looks without computers, the scarier it is.)

THE PLOT/STORY LINE: They stuck with the original story line for the most part. They changed the name of the house to the Broussard House? or something close to that. In the original it was called the Hull house, which I liked better. There was a better handle on the party there. It was $10 at the door and open bar... That's it? Really? I'm going to next years for that price haha. It baffled me that they were able to hook up stereo equipment, a bar, lights and have a HUGE party in a place that was abandoned. It wasn't an abandoned funeral home though, which I thought would have been cooler than a place where a girl just hung herself.

Yes I have different formats for rating movies haha. DON'T JUDGE ME!

I guess if you're bored one day, and have nothing to do, and someone calls you up and starts talking about how bored they are. Then you guys realize you can be bored together and do something boring. You guys go out for a walk and see a guy riding his bike. He flips his bike, lands in a ditch, and this dvd flys out of his bike basket and into your hands. That DVD is Night of the Demons. You don't see the guy for 10 minutes and you assume he's injured or just walking away. Now your friends like, "Hey want to go watch this movie? There's really nothing else to do on a Sunday night at 7 pm when all the malls are closed and we're both broke". Finally you say... "Fine". If that ever happens to you, then watch it. Want to see the nude scenes you pervs? Just Google them and save the money.


THE END of this movie

No comments:

Post a Comment