Saturday, October 2, 2010

October

I woke up this morning and opened up my window to get a feel for the air. As soon as I opened it, I got this nice cool breeze that brought the smell of dead leaves, bare trees, and all the other ingredients that lets my nose and body know it's almost halloween.

The month of October my state of New Jersey really comes alive. During this month, New Jersey has all kinds of things to do. Of course there's pumpkin picking, hay rides/haunted or just regular, haunted houses, etc... The Weird New Jersey magazine alway comes out in October so there's always new material to read up on and go visit (I know people know about the Weird US and Weird books but the whole "Weird" books started off in New Jersey. Hence the name, Weird NJ. We don't get books, just really thick magazines haha). A lot of the time visiting the horror places from the Weird NJ magazine gets you in trouble with the cops but it's usually no more then a, "Please go home and stop stalking the neighborhood". I guess it's kind of suspicious to be 2 hours away from home, driving through back roads in a town we've never heard of at 1 a.m. But I'm not gonna lie, the thrill is worth the ride.

October for me also means that I'm busting out the horror movies. I mean with me they're always out but this is when my friends get into the halloween spirit and we watch all kinds of movies. It's usually the classics that get played more, but I think this year I need to get situated with the SAW movies. I've only seen SAW 1 and SAW 2. I never really took the time to watch the other 20 SAW movies but I think they're gonna make the cut this October (that's a good slasher movie saying, "They're gonna make the CUT, MUAHAHAHAH). Ok that's enough. Also I want to get the new Nightmare on Elm Street dvd as well as the Night of the Demons remake(I talk about that movie too much). Last year the movie event at my house was the SHINING!!! Great times. I hope all of you have horror moviethon.

Unfortunately my township has been lacking in the halloween spirit, and rarely show any kinds of halloween life around here. Don't me wrong Jersey is full of Halloween spirit but not really in my area. We don't get as many trick or treaters as we used to. My streets used to be flooded with halloween decorations and trick or treaters. Kids would start trick or treating from the time they got out of school all the way until 11 p.m. at night. Now were lucky if we get any trick or treaters before 5 p.m. There are a lot of mixed ethnicities and cultures in our area now where none of them believe or celebrate the halloween festivities. It kind of sucks. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing these people but I think some parents and others take this holiday a bit to seriously. I don't let them ruin it for me though.

I'm gonna take pictures and videos of this month on the blog of all the places we visit. Anything Halloween related will definitely be posted.

I love this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment