Friday, May 7, 2010

Mom, Romero, Plugs and... stuff

This is a funny story that I must share. I had intentions of writing a relevant zombie post but I unfortunately didn't get a chance to finish it yet so instead I'll just share this with you.

Whoever the hell reads this haha.

I was talking to my mom about horror movies and the blog that I'm doing. She asked me if she could read it. We started talking about zombie movies that she's seen and although she hasn't seen many new age ones except for Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland (and I think she seen Flight of the Living Dead). She knows all of the "of the Dead" movies that Romero has done in the past. She was telling me all about the original Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, and she even tried to explain to me about the black and white Night of the Living Dead. Thanks mom for the heads up, but I'm pretty sure I saw that one.

Since she was on topic I went ahead and said, "Hey mom, you do know Romero has done movies past 1990. They're just as good as his older ones". A bit of sarcasm led to her response which was this, "Who's Romeo?". Did my mom just say Romeo? I corrected and said, "George A. Romero? The mastermind behind the zombie films that you just mentioned." She was clueless! My mother who has seen a lot of his earlier films even the non zombie ones, was completely clueless on who the hell George A. Romero is. That's almost like an insult.

There's gotta be punishment now right? Does she deserve to be included in my zombie survival plan? I don't know. I mean it is almost mothers day so I can let her slide one time but I mean this is nuts! haha.

Yeah yeah yeah it's not that serious I know.

I'd like to do a few plugs as well.

MUSIC:

http://www.myspace.com/childrenofthenightmusic

These guys do Misfits style acoustic music. It's pretty intense stuff.


http://www.myspace.com/acousticmisfits

The same guys who do the Misfits style acoustic music. This time they're doing acoustic covers


http://www.myspace.com/thenightlifenj

Good friends of mine. They're really hard working guys when it comes to their music. Definitely worth the listen.



OTHER STUFF:

http://deadonyou.blogspot.com/

These guys do a zombie podcast. They're really awesome and they helped promote my blog. Give them a listen.


http://howtosurviveazombieapocalypse.co.uk/

If you're in the UK check these guys out. They do a live zombie survival guide. Unfortunately they're not in the US but see if they're coming near your town.


Happy Mothers Day mom



JUST ADDED: MAY 9TH, 2010


www.horrorschool.com

Awesome horror site where you can talk about anything and everything horror. Go and sign up!



No comments:

Post a Comment